What is a Windshield Repair?
• Windshield Repair is a process that utilizes modern technology to repair rather than
replace a damaged windshield
• It saves money by preventing the need for a costly replacement
• It's convenient
• It does not affect the integrity of the original factory seal since the glass is never
• You also keep your original quality glass
• The repair provides a strong bond that prevents further cracks and improve the
Will my rock chip ever crack?
• The possibility of your rock chip forming into a crack is greater now if not repaired
• If you repair the rock chip before it turns into a crack, it will not spread under normal conditions
• If not repaired, a rock chip could form a crack if there is a drastic change in temperature ( i.e washing
your car on a very hot day with cold water) and/or if internal or external stress occurs to the windshield.
What kind of damage can be repaired?
• Stone damage or "rock chips" up to the size of a .25 cent piece
• Best results are obtained if the repair is done before the damaged area is contaminated
from washing or inclement weather
• A rock chip is usually round or star shaped and may have lines radiating from the center
• If your rock chip appears to only be a white speck, it could be a non-repairable nick in the glass;
The Glass Man specialist can diagnose it for you
How is a damaged windshield repaired?
• By injecting a specially formulated resin into the area. When the damaged area has been completely
filled, it is exposed to an ultraviolet light which cures the resin. This restores 100% of the structural
integrity and, in most cases, most of the clarity within the damaged area.
• Most repairs can be completed in 15 to 30 minutes.
Can a chip spread while it's being fixed?
• Industry statistics say that chances are 1 in 5000 for this to happen. Because DMG technicians are NGA
certified and work under controlled conditions, we can assure you that the risk is minimal.
Do I need to bring in my vehicle or can this be done mobile?
• The Glass Man offers a mobile service.
How will the windshield look after the repair?
• When looking through the windshield, your vision should not be impaired. If it is, then the windshield
should be replaced.
• In most cases, the damaged area should become noticeably clearer after being repaired; clarity though,
is dependent on the size, age, amount of glass missing from the center, and the quantity of fragmented
glass within the break.
What about my auto insurance?
• Most insurance companies consider windshield repair a No Fault claim and it will not affect your
• Windshield repair is covered by the comprehensive portion of an individual's insurance policy. All major
insurance companies encourage and have recognized the benefits of windshield repair.
• Most insurance companies will waive the deductible requirement if a windshield is repaired rather than
replaced, reducing your cost to zero!
• Call The Glass Man with your policy number handy, we will make the call for you to confirm the coverage
and details. Lets us handle the insurance process for you, with as little inconvenience to you as possible.